In my previous post, I focused on the various table options available and provided suggestions on where to rent from. In today’s post, the focus continues on table setup, with a look at the table’s complementary companion—linen.
Because linens come in various shapes and sizes, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. Consult the chart below to determine the appropriate linen size to fit your specific table:
|Table Size||Recommended Linen||Approximate Cost|
|72" Round||132' Cloth||More than $20.00|
|60" Round||120' Cloth||Around $20.00|
|48" Cocktail Round||108' Cloth||Under $15.00|
|30" Cocktail Round||90' Cloth||Under $15.00|
|36" Highboy||132' Cloth (tieback optional)||Around $20.00|
|30" Highboy||108' Cloth (tieback optional)||Around $15.00|
|8' Rectangular||90" x 156" Cloth||Around $20.00|
|6' Rectangular||10" x 132" Cloth||Around $20.00|
Approved Caterers’ Linen Policies
Table linens are not usually complimentary, but some caterers do include buffet linens in their pricing models:
- Buffet linens included in setup price: Georgia Tech Dining, Bold American Events, Carlyle’s, and Proof of the Pudding
- Buffet linens marked as additional charge: Time to Dine
- Buffet linens not provided: Rising Roll
- Discuss with your vendor which colors and materials are available. White and black tend to be standard, as does a poly blend, but you may also have the option of renting a more vibrant color or heavier linen.
- Consider adding overlays to make your table pop.
- Don’t forget napkins! They probably won’t be included in your linen costs, but the price should be less than or around $1.00 each.
- Because tablecloths and napkins—depending on their color and material—can pose the problem of leaving lint on guests’ dark-colored clothing, you should discuss the materials used with your vendor to ensure you make the best selection.
- Delivery, installation, and pickup charges will likely be added to your linen order, so be sure to request an itemized account of all charges so you can review the breakdown of costs and double-check the total.