As one of the Institute’s most high-profile annual events, Homecoming brings alumni back to campus for reunions, open houses, tailgates, and other events enabling us to showcase all that makes Georgia Tech unique. Every year we receive a number of calls asking us about various events happening around campus most of which we are unaware of. In an effort to better serve alumni and promote your events, we hope you will help us in the creation of a "one stop"online schedule of events at http://www.gthomecoming.gatech.edu/events where alumni can access information about all Homecoming events, whether sponsored by the Alumni Association, Athletics, colleges, departments, students, etc.
How do I participate?
Submit your event online at http://gtalumni.org/homecoming_events/new. Once your event has been submitted, it will be featured on the "Schedule of Events" page at http://www.gthomecoming.gatech.edu/events within 3 business days.
What are the benefits to submitting my event?
- $100 Gift Card: We decided to have a little fun this year so every event submission garners you a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card! You must submit your event by August 6 to be eligible to win. I will email everyone on August 7 and announce the winner.
- Customer Service: By providing alumni an easy way to access information on all Homecoming activities across campus, we present a unified Georgia Tech and help them have the most fulfilling, positive Homecoming experience possible.
- MAJOR PR!: Submitting your event offers you the opportunity to reach the tens of thousands of alumni, students, faculty/staff, and friends who consider the Alumni Association their primary source for Homecoming event information.
- Did I mention you have a shot at winning $100 to Amazon.com???
What is the deadline for submitting my event?
We will feature Homecoming in our July issue of Buzzwords set to deploy on July 1 to over 75,000 alumni, students, faculty/staff so don’t delay! You can submit your event anytime, but are eligible to win the $100 gift card only if you submit your event by August 6.
Any other Homecoming details I need to know?
- President Peterson's "President's Update": Note that President Peterson will give his "President's Update" on Friday, October 26th from 1:30-2:30 p.m. at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center. Please avoid planning events between 1:15 - 2:45 p.m. on this day. Alumni, students, faculty/staff, etc. are invited to attend.
- Great Times to Plan Events: Friday between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. as well as between 3 and 6 p.m. are great times to plan events on campus. A number of alumni celebrating their reunions (25th, 40th and 50th) will be on campus and would enjoy seminars, open houses, etc.
- Transportation: This year we will plan some sort of additional transportation (buses, golf carts, etc.) to help alumni get to your events around campus on Friday and Saturday. We will email you with the final plan once confirmed.
Who do I call with questions?
If you have any questions regarding the Event Submission Tool, please do not hesitate to email Jessica Piechota (Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org) or call- 404-894-9273.
Post written by: Jessica Piechota